Please note the following important information concerning arrangements in the lead up to Christmas and holiday closure period.
Applications for financial assistance
- Full application forms received and assessed as requiring immediate attention (Priority 1) will be allocated and worked on up to closure on 22 December 2017.
- Applications received after 1st December will be processed in the New Year.
*Note: A recent review identified that of ‘applications pending’, in approximately 80% of cases, assessment cannot start as standard supporting documentation is missing. BWOs & BS: if you are supporting member’s applications please ensure the need to include all relevant paperwork, in particular, this means latest bank statements and pay slips both for the applicant and, their partner (if applicable).
- Emergency grant requests will be considered up to 00pm on Thursday 21st December
- Staff will be available to take calls up to 5pm on Thursday 21st
- The office will close on Friday 22nd December and re-open at 9.00am on Tuesday 2nd January 2018.
- Over the holiday period contact UNISON Direct 0800 0857 857
- Emergency Grant – updated application form
Please note that an emergency grant is a once only payment. A member who has previously received a payment will not be eligible to apply for another emergency grant in the future. Please note the requirement currently for a full up to date bank statement.
- Food banks
The attached guidance providing information on branch welfare officers registering as referrers with their local Trussell Trust food bank has been updated. Please note that this latest guidance contains information about ‘Fuel Bank’ an initiative giving food bank users with pre-payment meters vouchers for gas or electricity, so they do not have to choose between ‘heating’ and ‘eating’.
UNISON Welfare staff would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone that supported UNISON There for You in 2017.
We hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!