Unison provide a number of welfare services including financial assistance, welfare breaks and  confidential advice. Speak to your union representative or the university unison welfare officer.

Local branch welfare officers are the first point of contact for members who are experiencing personal, emotional or financial difficulties, or for those who need advice. They also help members apply for help or funding.

It is the branch welfare officer’s responsibility to:

  • inform branch officers, stewards, workplace representatives and employers about the work of There for You;
  • make sure that members seeking welfare assistance receive a quick and effective response;
  • link their regional regional welfare committees and There for You to ensure that welfare support is provided effectively;
  • develop and implement local welfare activity;
  • develop links with local charities and organisations.